Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores young people's 'nested' and 'political' ecological relationships with crime through an empirical investigation of the important 'places' and 'spaces' in young people's lives; in their social relationships with peers and family members; and within formal institutional systems such as education, youth justice and social care.
- Author BiographyDOROTHY BOTTRELL is Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education and Social Work at the University of Sydney, Australia. She worked in secondary teaching, juvenile justice, youth and community work before taking up an academic post in 2007. Dorothy is Convenor of the University of Sydney Network on Childhood and Youth Research and co-editor of Schools, Communities and Social Inclusion (Palgrave, 2011) and Communities and Change (2008). DERRICK ARMSTRONG is Professor of Education and is Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) at the University of Sydney, Australia. His research has focussed on issues of social inclusion and exclusion in education and the ways in which disadvantage and 'deviance' are identified and managed by professionals, social agencies and institutions working with children and young people. He is author, co-author and editor of eight books and monographs. His most recent publication is Inclusive Education: International Policy and Practice (2010) with A.C. Armstrong and I. Spandagou. ALAN FRANCE is Professor of Sociology in the Department of Sociology at the University of Auckland in New Zealand. He has, over the past 20 years, been researching and writing on youth related issues. He set up and established the International Centre for the Study of Childhood and Youth (CSCY) at the University of Sheffield in 2002 and was Director of the Centre for Social Policy Research (CRSP) at Loughborough University (2006 - 2010). He has written extensively on youth policy, risk, citizenship, and youth crime and has a number of publications including Understanding Youth in Late Modernity (2007) and Pathways and Crime Prevention (2007).
- Author(s)Alan France,Derrick Armstrong,Dorothy Bottrell
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight400 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.