All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPunchy dialogue and compact sentences should make this a read-aloud delight. --Publishers Weekly Part-slapstick, part-fairy tale, the gently humorous plot has eugh twists and turns to keep newly independent readers engaged. --School Library JournalFred the dragon has a list of tasks he must complete in order to be a successful dragon--ne of which comes naturally. But he's determined to make #5--eat people--work. Before you can say pass the salt he's gobbled up three people even though he doesn't have the stomach for it. Luckily a local shepherd, with the help of a giant and a witch, kws how to cure what ails him and get those pesky people out of his belly. It's happily-ever-after for everyone in ways you'd never expect. Geisel award-winning author/illustrator Geoffrey Hayes is a stepped reader maestro. The common threads between his wildly popular Uncle Tooth and Otto SIRs and the more recent Benny and Penny series (Toon Books) are clear and constant. The art is adorable, the characters are bursting with personality, and the stories are humorously subversive. From marauding pirates to misbehaving mice to a dragon who swallows people whole (and then continues to communicate with them in his belly!), Geoffrey always hits that sweet spot for the stepped reader audience--easy to decode, illustrative tales that tickle the funnybone.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Hayes has written and illustrated more than forty children's books, including the popular series of Otto and Uncle Tooth mysteries (Step into Reading), the beloved Bear By Himself, and the Patrick Bear books. In 2010 Geoffrey received the Theodor Seuss Geisel Award for Benny and Penny in the Big No-No.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Hayes
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication23/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleStep Into Reading - Level 4 - Quality
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.02Trending at AU $23.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.