Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionAs globalization proceeds apace international law, and the scope and powers of international institutions - the United Nations, the Bretton Woods institutions, the World Trade Organization - continue to grow. If democratic values are still an aspiration of the 21st century, then their deficit at international level must be addressed. Patomaki and Teiveinen survey the range of proposals w on the table. Ruling thing out, they emphasis feasibility. While democratic advances do t come without political mobilization, there is little point mobilizing people for the utopian and unrealizable. This informative, thought-provoking book will be of use both to students of International Relations and Political Science, and also to campaigners concerned with the existing inequitable and unaccountable international arrangements.
- Author BiographyDr. Heikki Patomaki is Professor of International Relations at the University of Helsinki, and formerly Professor of World Politics and Economy at Nottingham Trent University. He is also Research Director of the Network Institute for Global Democratization. He recently published Democratising Globalisation: The Leverage of the Tobin Tax (Zed Books, 2001) and After International Relations: Critical Realism and the (re)Construction of World Politics (2002). Dr. Teivo Teivainen is Director of the Program on Democracy and Global Transformation at the San Marcos University in Lima, Peru. He published Enter Economism, Exit Politics: Experts, Economic Policy and the Damage to Democracy (Zed 2002).
- Author(s)Heikki Patomaki,Teivo Teivainen
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.