All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis work offers a political and historical analysis of Newark's modern politics since 1950, culminating with Mayor Cory Booker's rise to power and prominence both in the city and in American political consciousness. Newark's recent political history offers an interesting case study in mayoral elections, community development, and coalition building politics. While Newark is the quintessential post-industrial city, Booker has received critical attention for his post-racial politics since he frequently bypasses racial and traditional urban politics. At the same time, relations between the mayor, the municipal council, and Newark's diverse communities were often so fractious that sustainable coalition building proved to be an elusive goal to resolve longstanding crime, education, and other social problems. Based on original interviews with Cory Booker, city council members, and other prominent Newark politicians, A Post Racial Change is Gonna Come is a powerful history of how Newark became the focal point for transformative politics in urban America.
- Author BiographyJonathan L. Wharton is Assistant Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology, USA.
- Author(s)Jonathan L. Wharton
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.