All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionA Practical Approach to Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring discusses all practical aspects of neurophysiologic intraoperative monitoring (NIOM), which is increasingly being used to continuously assess the functional integrity of a patient's nervous system during surgery. With wide use of bullet points, tables, and illustrations, this manual is essential reading for neurologists, neuroanesthesiologists, neurosurgeons, and OR techs.Education in NIOM is seldom available in traditional training programs, and textbooks on the subject are few and limited in scope. A Practical Approach to Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring is the only practical source for essential information on the clinical practice of NIOM. Useful for both training and day-to-day review, this handy manual is divided into two sections. Section One, 'Basic Principles' covers the modalities used in monitoring, but also rarely discussed topics including remote monitoring, billing, ethical issues, and a buyer's guide for those trying to set up laboratories.The second section reviews the clinical use of NIOM in surgery, presenting the basics of anatomy, physiology, and surgery of the various procedures, followed by details of the monitoring modalities and their interpretive criteria. Special features of this title include: portability - easy to carry and use, all major types of surgeries for which NIOM is requested, information on buying, training, set-up, and billing that is t available anywhere else, a unique technical section at the end of each chapter that reviews the logistics of monitoring a particular type of surgery. This title is useful for trainees and experienced clinicians.
- Author BiographyAatif M. Husain, MD is Associate Professor of Neurology at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC.
- Author(s)Aatif M. Husain
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication29/02/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Out-of-print date30/12/2014
- Content Noteover 120 illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.