Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for students in counseling, psychology, social work, and human services, as well as crisis workers in-training, this text combines a general introduction to crisis theory and intervention with practical strategies for counseling crisis victims. The L-A-P-C model--a simple yet effective set of intervention techniques applicable to any type of crisis situation by crisis workers at any level of experience, is introduced in Chapter 2. Characteristics of effective crisis counseling and an overview of other theoretical intervention models are also presented throughout the text.
- Author BiographyDr. Cavaiola is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychological Counseling at Monmouth University West Long Branch, New Jersey. He began doing crisis intervention work 1975 while working in the outpatient mental health services at Monmouth Medical Center. He later went on to become Clinical Director of the substance abuse treatment programs at Monmouth Medical Center. Dr. Cavaiola has published extensively in the field of addictions and has presented at many national and international conferences. Dr. Cavaiola has co-authored three books: Toxic Co-workers (which has been translated into six languages), Assessment and Treatment of the DWI Offender, and more recently a textbook entitled, A Practical Guide to Crisis Intervention published by Lahaska Press (now Brooks/Cole, Cengage Learning). In addition to his teaching, Dr. Cavaiola is a Licensed Psychologist, a Licensed Clinical Alcohol/Drug Counselor, a Licensed Professional Counselor and a New Jersey certified Disaster Response Crisis Counselor. Dr. Cavaiola has a private practice in Fair Haven, NJ. Joseph E. Colford, Ph.D. is an associate professor in the Psychology Department of Georgian Court University in Lakewood, New Jersey, and is the Director of the Graduate Program in School Psychology. He has had extensive experience in public education as a school psychologist, in private practice, and in higher education as associate professor. His experiences in working with school-age children in the aftermath of a variety of crisis types lead to his collaboration with Dr. Cavaiola in this casebook and in their earlier work, A Practical Guide to Crisis Intervention (Brooks/Cole, Cengage Learning). Dr. Colford also created a graduate-level course, School Crisis Prevention and Intervention, for his program, incorporating sound practices for crisis prevention and for crisis intervention with children, adolescents, their schools and families. The political and social landscape of the 21st century convinced him that such a casebook was important for mental health professionals who work in a variety of settings.
- Author(s)Alan A. Cavaiola,Joseph E. Colford
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Weight406 g
- Width166 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.