All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionA Practical Guide to Fostering Law is an accessible, jargon-free guide to the key elements of the law that concern foster carers and the professionals who work with them. It aims to help foster carers understand where they fit into the complex web of regulations surrounding childcare and to demystify the jargon and termilogy which is often used but rarely explained. The book covers the laws in England and Wales governing fostering agencies and foster carers themselves, including foster carers' rights, and the formalities of placement procedures. It also provides explanations of care proceedings, the foster carer as a witness, what happens if a young fostered person gets into trouble, and moving on from foster care. The last section provides a 'who's who' of the main professionals involved and a jargon-busting glossary of the key terms often used. It also includes illustrative case examples and each chapter concludes with suggestions for where to find more information. This guide will be an invaluable resource for current and prospective foster carers and the professionals who work with them, such as support workers, social workers and foster agency staff.
- Author BiographyLynn Davis is a Consultant for Davis, Simmonds & Donaghey Solicitors in Kent, UK. She has specialised in child care law since 1989, acting as a solicitor for local authorities, parents and children. She provides training to foster carers and legal training for social workers and others involved in child protection, including the Kent Safeguarding Children Board. She has also taught on the law module for student social workers. She is the author of See You in Court and The Social Worker's Guide to Children and Families Law, both published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Lynn Davis
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.