All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionA Practical Guide to Government Management provides a comprehensive yet one-volume work on high-level government management and can be described as a management book, reference book, and textbook all in one. It is geared towards any upper level government manager, public administration student, or anyone interested in public sector management. Government managers receive limited or management training, and at higher levels, focus more on policy than management, with negative consequences for the agencies they manage. This book seeks to address that dearth, written from the point of view of someone who successfully led government organizations, for an extended period, and faced a wide variety of management problems and issues. It covers a number of topics seldom discussed (and certainly t all in one volume), such as handling problem employees, cutback management, prioritization, making decisions, gaining control of an organization, and telling one's boss the elected official . Leo Strine, Chief Justice of Delaware's Supreme Court and a former colleague, says that In a time when many Americans are jaded about public service, it's refreshing to be reminded that there are talented people who devote their careers to making our government work for the governed. Vince Meconi always put the public first in his decades of service in all three branches of government, and anyone interested in making government more effective will benefit from his insights and experience. Former Delaware Medicaid Director Harry Hill says, I have led government agencies, managed for multiple Fortune 500 Companies, and run my own business. Vince Meconi is the best manager I have ever encountered. As a student of management myself, I collected over 800 books on the subject. Most offered little new, just a new way of saying the same thing. This book has what the others lacked - written instructions, practical examples, and advice for public sector managers from someone who has actually faced all the challenges for a prolonged period. It is a management book, reference book, and textbook all in one.
- Author BiographyVince Meconi's 35+ year government career has included all 3 branches of government and federal, state, and local service. His 16-year tenure as a cabinet secretary is one of the longest in Delaware history. He is a former President of the National Assoc. of State Chief Administrators.
- Author(s)Vince Meconi
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/03/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBernan Press
- Weight612 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.