All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a beginner's guide to unearthing the past. It is an invaluable tool for amateur archaeologists with 300 step-by-step photographs, maps and illustrations from excavations around the world. This is the ultimate hands-on resource for new enthusiasts, students and volunteer archaeologists attending their first dig. It is a practical and professional guidebook to every aspect of in-the-field archaeology. It is packed with detailed illustrations and information to take you from beginner to advanced level. It features how-to photographic sequences of field surveys and excavations, plus guidance on handling and recording finds. It features step-by-step tuition and case studies to prepare student and amateur archaeologists for on-site experience. This illustrated practical guide to archaeology is perfect for anyone with a passion for the past. The varied techniques involved in planning and conducting an excavation are discussed in detail, from the initial n-invasive survey and site-walking through to processing and recording finds on site. You can learn how to locate buried archaeology through map regression and the study of aerial photographs; walk a site to sample the finds turned up by farming; or take part in a comprehensive site survey using the latest geophysical techlogy. With over 300 photographs and illustrations, this is an invaluable practical handbook on fieldwork techniques.
- Author BiographyChristopher Catling is a best-selling author whose interest in archaeology and world heritage began as a schoolboy. He writes for Current Archaeology, and for the magazines of the Institute of Field Archaeology, and English Heritage. He is a contributing editor for Current World Archaeology, and is the Vice-Chairman of Cotswold Archaeology. He is also an established travel writer and has produced guides to Florence, Venice, Amsterdam, London, Madeira and Tuscany.
- Author(s)Christopher Catling
- PublisherHermes House
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHermes House
- Content Noteover 300 photographs
- Weight1003 g
- Width239 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.