All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- Description'Don't worry,' said Bill. 'You can hide out here until you get your strength back. That is, if you don't mind an old man, a dog and a few ghosts for company.' Colm is on the run, determined to escape from the cruelties of Bindoon Boys' Home. He strikes up an unexpected friendship with old Billy Dare and his dog Rusty, and together they travel from the goldfields of Kalgoorlie to the rugged rth. Whether they're working along the Dog Fence, eluding the police or confronting a wild boar, they're a team. When Bill's life is at risk, it's up to Colm to go in search of the mysterious Blue Delaney and lay to rest the ghosts that haunt them both.This action-packed story, set in the 1950s, continues the richly detailed historical quartet that began with Bridie's Fire and Becoming Billy Dare. Starting in the 1840s and ending in present-day Australia, the Children of the Wind quartet tells the stories of four courageous young people, Bridie, Billy, Colm and Maeve, born fifty years apart. The central character from each book becomes a mentor to the child in the next.
- Author BiographyKirsty Murray is the author of three junior novels - Zarconi's Magic Flying Fish (winner of the WA Premier's Children's Book Award, 2001), Market Blues and Walking Home with Marie Claire - in addition to the first two books in the Children of the Wind series. She has also written several non-fiction books for children. She has worked as a forest ranger, archivist, artist and teacher, and now is a full-time writer.
- PrizesWinner of Children's Book Council of Australia Awards: Notable Book 2006 and Western Australian Premier's Book Awards: Young Adult Fiction 2006.
- Author(s)Kirsty Murray
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleChildren of the Wind S.
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Weight252 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.