Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.19Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionLively, informed and thorough, this survey of the life and works of Graham Greene opens with a biographical account setting the writer in context of his times and describing and exploring the influences, tensions and contradictions that occur throughout his work. The second half of the book devotes itself to the 'art of Greene' discussing his writing techniques, recurring themes, and imaginative preoccupations. Within this section thorough critical analyses are given of three works: Brighton Rock, The Power and the Glory, and the film, The Third Man. The book concludes with a reference section which comprises a gazeteer, a biographical list and a bibliography. Suggestions for further reading and a list of films encourage the student to explore the works of Greene more widely.
- Author BiographyCedric Watts is Professor of English at the University of Sussex.
- Author(s)Prof. Cedric Watts
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2000
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePreface Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight674 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.