All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAs the teaching of Chinese increasingly uses simplified characters, this new version of the popular A Primer for Advanced Beginners of Chinese fills an important gap in Chinese-language instruction. The two-volume primer is addressed to meet the needs of the rapidly growing number of Chinese language students who were raised in the United States in Chinese-speaking homes and speak the language but cant read or write it. This text develops lessons around readings on Chinese history, culture, geography, literature, folktales and mythology, customs, and cuisine.
- Author BiographyDuanduan Li is director of the Chinese Language Program at the University of British Columbia; Irene Liu was the previous director of the Chinese Language Program at Columbia University, and Lening Liu is the present director; Yanping Xie, a speech and language pathologist, was a lecturer of Chinese in the Columbia program; Hailong Wang and Zhirong Wang are lecturers of Chinese in the Columbia program.
- Author(s)Duanduan Li,Hailong Wang,Irene Liu,Lening Liu,Yanping Xie,Zhirong Wang
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2004
- LanguageChinese & English
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleAsian Studies Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width275 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byHailong Wang,Irene Liu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.