All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Primer on Theory in Architecture discusses how theory is defined in architecture, how it is identified, its location in larger perspectives or worldviews, its relationships to other areas in architecture, and how it can be constructed. The book explores the definition, elements and characteristics of theory along with subjects associated with theory and how these associations are recognized. In addition, case studies tackle both individual theorists and common approaches to the topic. Aimed at the new student of architectural theory, if you are just beginning to tackle this subject, begin with this book.
- Author BiographyKaren Cordes Spence, Ph.D., AIA, teaches design studios and theory in architecture. Her work focuses on making these subjects both intriguing and clear for beginning students. Her research also explores the way in which phenomenological interpretations tap into the power of connections able to be made through architecture.
- Author(s)Karen Cordes Spence
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.