All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoldier turned gold prospector John Carter is hiding out in a cave when he is mysteriously teleported to the planet Mars. On Mars, Carter falls in with the Tharks; a race of fierce, madic, four-armed natives. The weaker gravity on Marss surface gives Carter superhuman strength and agility, and with his newfound martial prowess, he earns the respect of the Tharks, rising quickly through their ranks. He also meets Dejah Thoris, the beautiful princess of Helium, and grudging respect soon develops into mutual attraction. But war is brewing between Helium and the kingdom of Zodanga. And John Carter must lead the Tharks to the aid of Helium and rescue his beloved princess. One of the first science-fiction/fantasy vels written in the English language, A Princess of Mars remains as captivating a read today as it was when first published.
- Author BiographyEdgar Rice Burroughs (1875 - 1950) was an American writer, notable for his works in the science-fiction genre. Other books by him include The Land That Time Forgot and Tarzan of the Apes.
- Author(s)Edgar Rice Burroughs
- PublisherRupa & Co
- Date of Publication30/03/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRupa & Co
- Width173 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.