All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionBillionaire banker Edmond Safra was a superstar among the world's wealthy elite, until he was mysteriously killed in a fire that consumed his lavish Monte Carlo penthouse. His nurse, former Green Beret Ted Maher, woke up the next morning bloodied and blamed. Now Maher breaks his silence about what really happened that fateful night, offering an insider's look into Safra's last days and Ted's ongoing fight to reveal the truth, answering long-speculated questions in this shocking true crime story. The mysteries surrounding Safra's death were complex, with shortage of potential suspects, from the Russian Mafia to Colombian drug cartels. Disputed events ignited a heated global controversy and threatened to tarnish Monaco's image as a safe haven for the rich and famous. Ted Maher was held solely responsible for the crime. Ted's journey from a dream job on the Cote d'Azure to a surreal nightmare of betrayal and deception has more levels of intrigue than a blockbuster spy thriller. With details the media couldn't--or wouldn't--reveal, A Privileged Witness opens a portal into the luxurious life of the Safras and a hard hard look into the 2,886 days of Maher's ordeal. It's the final chance for an incent man to clear his name.
- Author BiographyTed Maher, former Green Beret and neo-natal nurse, received his nursing degree from Pace University and worked at Columbia Medical Center of New York Presbyterian Hospital. A nurse to billionaire banker Edmond Safra, Maher was accused of staging the events and setting the fire that caused Safra's death. He is now back in the United States and maintains his innocence to this day. Bill Hayes, a renowned motorcycle culture historian, received the prestigious Silver Spoke Award for his literary work in the motorcycling community, with four books on the subject, including the bestselling The Original Wild Ones: Tales of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club and American Biker: The History, the Clubs, the Lifestyle, the Truth. Hayes has also authored several award-winning biographies, including Hullabaloo!: The Life and (Mis)Adventures of L.A. Radio Legend Dave Hull and Triumphs and Tragedies: A True Story of Wealth and Addiction. He holds a degree in English Literature and lives in Redondo Beach, California. Jennifer Thomas holds a B.A. degree from Columbia University and is the owner of Beyond Words Editing and Final Word Press. Thomas is the author of the inspirational Butterfly Tears: Stories of Entrapment to Empowerment and with Hayes, the co-author of Hullabaloo!, Triumphs and Tragedies and American Biker. Thomas lives in Redondo Beach, California.
- Author(s)Bill Hayes,Jennifer D. Thomas,Ted Maher
- PublisherNew Horizon Press Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationFall Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Horizon Press Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteB&W photos
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byEsq. Michael Griffith
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.