All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionFrom his tower, the Muezzin calls the faithful to prayers. Every morning, after praying and sipping his hot black tea, Rami, a Muslim of Palestinian descent, goes to work as an apprentice baker in Beirut. His father disappeared when he was only three years old, leaving him with an ill mother and younger sister to take care of. He meets Dalal, a Christian, and the two fall in love for the first time. They each promise to remain faithful to each other until death does them apart. To their luck, it's 1975, and Leban enters its deadliest civil war to date. The country becomes divided between Christians and Muslims, and in consequence, the two lovers are separated between an invisible line that claimed the lives of many who tried to cross it. Will they dare? Will each of them be able to keep the promise they had made? A heartbreaking story, A Promise is an emotionally thrilling debut that paints the effect of a civil war on two ordinary lovers who find themselves entrenched in the middle of a conflict they have thing to do with.
- Author BiographyAntonio Roy is a graduate of the University of Ottawa, where he majored in conflict studies and human rights and minored in political science. Originally from Lebanon, Roy currently resides in Canada.
- Author(s)Antonio Roy
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.