Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionA Psychiatric Primer for the Veteran's Family and Friends was first published in 1945. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital techlogy to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions.For the individual as for the nation, war is t done with when the guns stop firing and the soldiers come home. Its continuing effects are easily recognized in the lives of the maimed and the disfigured; they are less distressingly real for those whose injuries are of the mind and emotions and nerves. And of these a half million or more have been discharged from the armed services.What can families and friends do to help these men on their road back to health? A Psychiatric Primer answers this question in direct and practical terms. Affection and the best of intentions cant alone tell one how to deal wisely and effectively with war torn nerves in a husband, son, friend, or fellow worker. One needs also intelligent understanding and a sound kwledge of the truly helpful attitude and behavior in a given situation. It is this understanding and this kwledge that A Psychiatric Primer offers to families and friends of returned servicemen.
- Author BiographyGrace Keen was a writer experienced in presenting scientific material in a readable and understandable form for the layman. Together the authors have produced a book that cannot fail to be helpful in trying situations it is designed to meet.
- Author(s)Alexander G Dumas,Grace Graham Keen
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication26/11/1945
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.