All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis study combines psychological fundamentals with Institutional Ecomics in order to understand relevant aspects of consumers' decision making and firms' behaviors in pursuit of benefiting from that kwledge. This study emphasizes that psychological fundamentals can offer more analytical insights to Institutional Ecomics. The psychological basics applied to an institutional analysis of consumers' decision making are divided in two parts. One relies on the importance of instincts as motivation to consume, the other is based on cognition and vicarious observation as central aspects of consumers' learning processes. A central argument of this study is illustrated by two cases: one explores how functional yogurt was introduced to Brazilian consumers and the other investigates the transference of objects of consumption from comic books to movies.
- Author BiographyFelipe Almeida is professor of Heterodox Microeconimics at the Federal University of Pampa (Brazil). He holds a Major in Economics from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, an MPhil in Economics and a PhD in Economics from the Federal University of Parana. He was visiting researcher at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) from 2009 to 2010. His main fields of academic interest are Institutional Economics, Evolutionary Economics, consumers' decision making and Economic Psychology.
- Author(s)Felipe Almeida
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleInstitutionelle Und Sozial-okonomie / Institutional and Socio-economics
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight290 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.