All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout the history of psychology, there have been full investigations of discrete emotions (particularly negative ones) and a recent wealth of books on happiness, but few exist on the emotion of joy. This book takes a unique psychological approach to understanding this powerful emotion and provides a framework within which the study of human joy and other related positive fulfillment experiences can fit in a meaningful schema. A key feature of this book is its development of an experiential phemelogy of joy. This phemelogy is based on more than three hundred descriptions of joy experiences recounted by subjects in an empirical study executed by the author. Types of joy experiences are examined, such as excited vs. serene joy, anticipatory vs. completed joy, and affiliative vs. individuated joy. There is comparable book or work that clarifies the relationship among major positive states with emotional components including satisfaction, happiness, and ecstasy.
- Author BiographyChris M. Meadows, Ph.D. taught at Vanderbilt University where his teaching and research were in the areas of emotion, personality theory, psychotherapy, and health psychology. He also served as the head of a hospital counseling center, founded a career development center, was a neuropsychologist on an inpatient unit of a major rehabilitation institute, and a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist for over 30 years.
- Author(s)Chris Meadows
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleExplorations in Mental Health
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 12 black & white halftones
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.