All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFiction. In this self-described thought experiment part fiction, part literary detective work and always daring Kent Johnson proposes a stunning rewrite of literary history. Satirical and earnest at turns, A QUESTION MARK ABOVE THE SUN is a hybrid book of shifting identities, surmises, impostures, and counter-arguments, centered around a provocative speculation.
- Author BiographyKent Johnson is the author, translator, or editor of nearly 30 books of poetry and criticism, including Beneath a Single Moon: Buddhism in Contemporary American Poetry (Shambhala, 1991), Doubled Flowering: From the Notebooks of Araki Yasusada (Roof Books, 1998), and the collection of poems, Homage to the Last Avant-Garde (Shearsman Books, 2008). Johnson lives in Illinois, where he has been a faculty member in English and Spanish at Highland Community College. In 2005, he was named State Teacher of the Year by the Illinois Community College Board of Trustees. Johnson has also received a National Endowment for the Arts fellowship for his translation of Bolivian poet Jaime Saenz's The Night. David Koepsell (Foreword) is an author, philosopher, attorney, and educator whose recent research focuses on the nexus of science, technology, ethics, and public policy. He teaches at the Delft University of Technology, and lives in The Netherlands. He has provided commentary regarding ethics, society, religion, and technology on: MSNBC, Fox News Channel, The Guardian, The Washington Times, NPR Radio, Radio Free Europe, Air America, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, and the Associated Press, among others. His PhD in Philosophy and J.D. in Law are from University at Buffalo. Eric Lorberer (Preface) holds a B.A. in English Literature and Humanities from Washington College and an M.F.A. in Creative Writing from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. He has published poems, essays, and criticism in numerous magazines and has been awarded a SASE/Jerome Fellowship for his writing. As the editor of Rain Taxi Review of Books, he is responsible for the voice and style that has brought the magazine widespread acclaim. Lorberer also is the director of the Twin Cities Book Festival, has served as a panelist for the National Endowment for the Arts, and speaks at conferences and literary festivals around the country as an advocate for independent publishing and literary culture. Jeremy Noel-Tod (Afterword) is a Lecturer at University of East Anglia in England. He has a B.A. English Literature from University of Oxford and a Ph.D. in English Literature from University of Cambridge. He is a poet, reviewer, and author. In 2004, he presented a BBC Radio 3 documentary on the medieval poem, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. He reviews poetry for the Times Literary Supplement and the Daily Telegraph, and contributes articles to the periodical Slightly Foxed. His own poetry has appeared in the magazine Painted, spoken and Other Men s Flowers, a collection of contemporary parodies edited by Ron Paste. In 2004, he founded Landfill, a poetry pamphlet press, and in 2008 became an Associate Editor of Eggbox Publishing. Joshua Kotin (Afterword) is an Assistant Professor of English at Princeton University. He received his PhD from the Department of English Language and Literature at the University of Chicago in 2011. From 2005 to 2008, he was editor of the literary journal Chicago Review. Ted Pelton (Editor) is a Professor of Humanities at Medaille College of Buffalo, NY, and author of four fiction titles. He has received National Endowment for the Arts and Isherwood fellowships for fiction. He founded and is the Publisher of Starcherone Books.
- Author(s)Kent Johnson
- PublisherStarcherone Books
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStarcherone Books
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.