All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs scientific and observational evidence on global warming piles up every day, questions of ecomic policy in this central environmental topic have taken center stage. But as author and prominent Yale ecomist William Nordhaus observes, the issues involved in understanding global warming and slowing its harmful effects are complex and cross disciplinary boundaries. For example, ecologists see global warming as a threat to ecosystems, utilities as a debit to their balance sheets, and farmers as a hazard to their livelihoods. In this important work, William Nordhaus integrates the entire spectrum of ecomic and scientific research to weigh the costs of reducing emissions against the benefits of reducing the long-run damages from global warming. The book offers one of the most extensive analyses of the ecomic and environmental dynamics of greenhouse-gas emissions and climate change and provides the tools to evaluate alternative approaches to slowing global warming. The author emphasizes the need to establish effective mechanisms, such as carbon taxes, to harness markets and harmonize the efforts of different countries. This book t only will shape discussion of one the world's most pressing problems but will provide the rationales and methods for achieving widespread agreement on our next best move in alleviating global warming.
- Author BiographyWilliam D. Nordhaus, Sterling Professor of Economics at Yale University, is the author of The Climate Casino: Risk, Uncertainty, and Economics for a Warming World. He lives in New Haven, CT.
- Author(s)William D. Nordhaus
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note25 b&w illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.