All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe chief trade commissioner for Canada is found brutally clubbed and stabbed to death in the Official Residence in London, England. Scotland Yard's Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Hay is called in to investigate, while Royal Canadian Mounted Police inspector Liz Forsyth is dispatched from Ottawa. The suspects are many: the High Commissioner and his beautiful wife; the smarmy head of the political section; the charming military attache; the high-strung Deputy High Commissioner; and a deeply troubled engagements secretary. After a second murder, the case takes a turn and the radical environmentalist Dr. Julian Cox becomes a suspect. A Quiet Kill is the first in a new mystery series featuring Forsyth and Hay. Paired up for the first time, the two investigators must overcome insecurities and suspicions, as they find themselves wading into the murky waters of the diplomatic community, and navigating through a melee of international conspiracy, nationalism, and murder.
- Author BiographyBefore taking to crime writing, Janet Brons worked as a foreign affairs consultant for three years following a seventeen-year career in the Canadian Foreign Service with postings in Kuala Lumpur, Warsaw, and Moscow. She has also been a researcher in the Alberta Legislature and at the House of Commons. Janet holds a master of arts in political science and international relations.
- Author(s)Janet Brons
- PublisherTouchWood Editions
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Forsyth and Hay Mystery
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTouchWood Editions
- Weight242 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.