All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a magical moment when horse and owner really understand each other for the first time. Positive horse training using clicker and target combines the benefits of a communicative relationship with an effective training method. It is the horse-friendly alternative to the very common coercive methods where dominance and submission prevail. In this book, behavioural biologist Marlitt Wendt explains the mechanisms of reward learning in a practical way, based on the findings of modern equine learning psychology. The key to motivating horses can be found in a logically constructed reward system. Positive training methods offer the opportunity to shape the horse's behaviour in a gentle way. Almost incidentally, the owner develops a feel for the horse's psyche and discovers its many and varied creative skills and intelligence.
- Author BiographyMarlitt Wendt, from Grosshansdorf near Hamburg, is a behavioural biologist specialising in horses. She organises lectures and seminars on alternative training methods and creative intelligence training for horses across the German-speaking world. In her work, Wendt combines the latest findings in horse ethology, from social behaviour and evolutionary biology to the latest theories on learning. She has already written the successful books How horses feel and think and Trust, not dominance for Cadmos Verlag.
- PublisherCADMOS Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCADMOS Publishing Limited
- Content Noteapprox. 80 coloured images
- Weight431 g
- Width240 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.