All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRowan Williams is the Archbishop of Canterbury. In this collection of pastoral sermons and addresses, Williams shows how the faith of the creeds can still equip Christians for a vigorous and critical engagement with the world of today. In his often poetic, sometimes scholarly, and always thoughtful and engaging style, Williams reflects with wisdom and empathy on the gospel connections to issues of peace, war, justice, sexuality, wholeness, suffering, loneliness, vocation, and mission. Sermons from the church year and practical matters of Christian spirituality such as intercessory prayer and Bible study are also included; still others celebrate great Christian figures across the centuries, from the Anglo-Saxon saints to Michael Ramsey and T. S. Eliot. Also, published for the first time are Williams's addresses on Mission and Spirituality delivered at Yale in 1991, a sharp but sympathetic perspective on evangelism in the church today.
- Author BiographyROWAN WILLIAMS, the 104th Archbishop of Canterbury, was formerly Primate of the Church in Wales. He taught at both Oxford and Cambridge until 1991 when he was made Bishop of Monmouth. He is the author of Lost Icons, Writing in the Dust, Ponder These Things, Resurrection, The Truce of God, and Arius.
- Author(s)Dr. Rowan Williams
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/01/1995
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBlue Ridge Summit
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCowley Publications,U.S.
- Weight417 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.