All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA Reference Grammar of Modern Hebrew provides a clearly-structured and accessible guide to all aspects of contemporary Hebrew grammar. Systematically organised, it presents the basic structures of the language, looking at grammatical categories, phrases, expressions, and the construction of clauses and sentences. Drawing on their extensive experience of teaching Hebrew to English-speaking students, the authors also provide a wide range of examples to illustrate each point, and introduce in a clear and accessible way the writing and pronunciation of the language, its punctuation rules, and its use in context. Wherever possible, equivalent Hebrew termilogy is given to facilitate students' use of Hebrew language textbooks. Specialised linguistic termilogy is kept to a minimum, and verb and un tables are provided as well as a comprehensive index of terms, making this both a useful teaching resource and an easy-to-use reference tool for those wishing to look up specific details of the language.
- Author BiographyEdna Coffin is Professor Emerita of Hebrew Language and Literature at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Shmuel Bolozky is Professor of Hebrew at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Author(s)Edna Amir Coffin,Shmuel Bolozky
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2005
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleReference Grammars
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight930 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.