All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionWHAT HAPPENS WHEN GHOSTS CONFRONT A RELIGIOUSLY NARROW SKEPTIC? In this true story, Kathy Berry joins a TV news crew and pararmal investigators as the team's impartial observer. Their first stop: central Nevada's fabled Goldfield Hotel. This 12-hour, overnight odyssey in the long shuttered, four-story hotel pulverizes her beliefs that the pararmal is evil or figments of the weak-minded. It also threatens her fragile health as she struggles with constant pain and extraordinary weakness from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In the Goldfield, eerie activity confronts her on every floor. Kathy hears, feels and sees spirits-and they aren't what her pastor preached or Hollywood depicted. The group's psychic tells her that Goldfield has opened Kathy's third eye. Having an evangelical background, Kathy must face her years-long denial that she possesses a sensitive's gifts and, therefore, may be bound for hell. A Reluctant Spirit: A True Tale of God, Ghosts and a Skeptical Christian relates how this night wrenches her reality, impacts her health, and leads to her spiritual transformation. Kathy shares insights into the mysteries of life after death, why coincidences do t exist, and why we should heed our intuition. A Reluctant Spirit chronicles how Kathy reconciles her supernatural experiences with her Christianity and comes out stronger for it.
- Author BiographyKathleen's worked with ghost hunters, psychics, mediums and scientists since the community college that she works for started offering noncredit paranormal programs in 2002. Although her job responsibilities are comprised primarily of marketing noncredit programs, she became the manager of the Nevada Ghost and Paranormal Series in 2008 and has coordinated it ever since. Once a freelance writer, Kathleen has sold dozens of articles to publications ranging from international periodicals and in-flight magazines to an array of regional publications. She also manages the TMCC Writers' Conference, held each April in Reno, Nevada. During her free time, she enjoys kayaking and hiking the wilds of the American West with her significant other, Ken.
- Author(s)Dr Kathleen Berry
- PublisherKathleen Berry
- Date of Publication28/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKathleen Berry
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.