All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is true advocacy? How can advocacy be evaluated? Should there be practice standards in advocacy? As advocacy moves into the mainstream of health and social care provision, and the prospect of a legal right to advocacy inches closer, so the need to scrutinise key values and practices in advocacy becomes urgent. Although advocacy is widely acclaimed as a 'good thing', there is little agreement as to how it should be implemented, funded or evaluated. A right result?: reviews the range of third party advocacy provision and practice in the UK; addresses key issues facing the contemporary advocacy movement, such as the need for independence, developing quality standards and security of funding; suggests viable ways forward; moves beyond the partisan tendency to champion one kind of advocacy to offer an inclusive account of different styles. Through this inclusive approach, the book offers the first comprehensive analysis of the benefits of advocacy. A right result? is required reading for anyone with an interest in advocacy and the rights of disempowered people, particularly individuals and agencies with a stake in the promotion and development of advocacy services and schemes in the UK.
- Author BiographyRick Henderson is currently Project Director of Advocacy Across London. Previously Rick has been instrumental in the development of a number of citizen advocacy and self-advocacy schemes in Kent and London. He has an MA in the Management of Community Care. Mike Pochin has been one of the coordinators of Dorset Advocacy sine 1993. Previously a citizen advocate, he has also worked as a trainer and evaluator with advocacy schemes.
- Author(s)Mike Pochin,Rick Henderson
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication21/09/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Note7tabs.
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.