All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Zohar, the jewel in the crown of Jewish mystical literature, the verse A river flows from Eden to water the garden (Genesis 2:10) symbolizes the river of divine plenty that unceasingly flows from the depths of divinity into the garden of reality. Hellner-Eshed's book investigates the flow of this river in the world of the Zoharic heroes, Rabbi Shimon bar Yohai and his disciples, as they embark upon their wondrous spiritual adventures. By focusing on the Zohar's language of mystical experience and its unique features, the author is able to provide remarkable scholarly insight into the mystical dimensions of the Zohar, namely the human quest for an enhanced experience of the living presence of the divine and the Zohar's great call to awaken human consciousness.
- Author BiographyMelila Hellner-Eshed is a Lecturer in the Department of Jewish Studies at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem and a Senior Fellow at the Shalom Hartmann Institute for Advanced Jewish Studies in Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Melila Hellner-Eshed,Nathan Wolski
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication22/06/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Weight671 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.