All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Roadside Guide to the Geology of the Great Smoky Mountains National ParkHarry L. Moore In this informative, readable, altogether useful guide, Harry Moore adds ather dimension to our understanding and appreciation of the Great Smoky Mountains. He acquaints us skillfully with the geologist's termilogy and shows us how to read for ourselves the ancient language of the rocks. Wilma Dykeman Everybody loves the plants, trees, birds, mammals, and even the reptiles, amphibians, and insects of the Great Smokies. But rocks are t less fascinating, alive in their own way, the foundation of all the rest of life. So I think it's great to have this guide as a companion on the trail. Michael Frome Guiding the reader on five popular driving tours and five key hiking trails, this ntechnical guidebook indicates t-to-be-missed points of interest and describes the geological evolution associated with them. Tour maps are complemented by antated road log commentaries and copious drawings and photographs to aid in identifying geological phemena even when these are obscured by the mountains' lush vegetation.A helpful introduction, focusing on the geologic history of the Smokies, illuminates basic terms and concepts, while a glossary, list of suggested readings, and detailed index further enhance the book's utility. Unique in providing a crisp, comprehensive summary of the Smoky Mountains' geology, A Roadside Guide will serve as a basic planning guide for scenic road trips and hiking trips in the Smokies. Harry L. Moore holds a master's degree in geology from the University of Tennessee, Kxville. Since 1972 he has been a geologist at the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
- Author BiographyHarry L. Moore holds a master's degree in geology from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Since 1972 he has been a geologist at the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
- Author(s)Harry L. Moore
- PublisherUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Date of Publication15/11/1988
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.