Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry should remind the reader that words are magic, and that this magic can take us on a memorable voyage through the world of emotions. Such is the case with the poetry of Rosalie Cooper. In A Rose In Bloom, this talented poet--a victim of MST ( Military Sexual Trauma) and domestic violence who pulled herself from the quagmire of being a victim--reveals the very inner strength that moved her life forward. In this moving poetry, Cooper reveals the determination and hope that shifted her from thoughts of suicide to a path toward survival and a promising life. Included in A Rose In Bloom are poems of pain and joy, as well as an honest look into the angst and awareness of one woman's journey toward emotional health. The poetry is both dark and light, omius and hopeful, each phrase reflecting one woman's wish to live a life of health and freedom, and expressed in a compelling and sensitive style. Readers who are following their own quests toward well-being and joy will find these poems supportive, meaningful and life-giving.
- Author BiographyI was born in Kenmore, New York in 1962. I began writing poetry when I was about seventeen years old, one of my first poems was about my Grandmother who passed away that year. I attended Niagara County Community College, after high school and completed one full year. In August 1981 at the age of nineteen, instead of finishing college, I made a decision that would change my life forever. I enlisted in the United States Navy. I left for bootcamp on Dec.27, 1981 (at that time, I was going to make the Navy a career). I got married while in the military in 1983, and had a baby boy. Unknown to me, at the time of our wedding, my husband was abusive, I was divorced in 1985, retained sole custody of my son. Four years, later my ex-husband committed suicide, my son was only five years old. My writing was at a stand still for awhile. I was honorably discharged on Aug.7,1986, as a direct result of my divorce. I started writing again in March 1996, when my son was twelve years old, and had some mental health issues, and was abusive toward me(due to his father's suicide seven years earlier). I needed a way to release all the tension, fear and frustration I was going through. That is when I self published my first book entitled Journey into Awareness, a Parent's perspective on Childrens mental health in todays society. I continued to write off and on over the years, got my son the help he needed, it wasn't enough, the abuse by my son continued over the next four years. After my discharge from the Navy, I went back to school over a period of thirteen years, and earned an Associates degree in Electronic Technology, A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering technology, and an Associates degree in Computer Science. I had a job teaching Electronics. Until one day, I just had it and walked out of the classroom. A couple weeks later I was seriously contemplating suicide. I sought counseling to see why I was feeling that way.
- Author(s)Bridgette Rose
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication29/12/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.