All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAfter her life as she kws it is ended by heartbreak, Mary Rasmussen, a strong-willed and independent young ranch woman living in the Sandhills of western Nebraska, suddenly feels that all she has believed in - God, her instincts, the land itself - has failed her, and she abandons her cultural and emotional ties, succumbing to circumstances she thinks she is powerless to control. In a rash decision, she marries a conservative, patriarchal preacher who doesn't understand Mary, the ranching community, or anything beyond his own beliefs.
- Author BiographyLadette Randolph is director of the nationally renowned journal Ploughshares and a Distinguished-Publisher-in-Residence in the Writing, Literature, and Publishing program at Emerson College, Boston. A former acquiring editor and interim director at University of Nebraska Press, she is the author of the short story collection This Is Not the Tropics and editor of two anthologies, A Different Plain: Contemporary Nebraska Fiction Writers and The Big Empty: Contemporary Nebraska Nonfiction Writers. She is the recipient of the Pushcart prize, a Rona Jaffe Foundation grant, two Nebraska Book Awards, the Virginia Faulkner Award from Prairie Schooner, and she has been reprinted in Best New American Voices.
- Author(s)Ladette Randolph
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.