Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.79Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRejection, betrayal, and a girl's discovery of evil are the themes of this strange, haunting vel. Discarding such aids to realism as geography and mundane physical facts, thisnarrativetells the story of a young girl, rejected by her narcissistic and vengeful mother, whose life thereafter is a continuing series of betrayals that can lead only to the dead end of madness and death.Demonstrating anearly perfect control over language, this tale describes, in the simplest and most ordinary of terms, the bizarre and hallucinatory landscape of derangement.
- Author Biography<b>Anna Kavan</b></b> was one of the greatest unsung enigmas in 20th-century British literature. Born as Helen Ferguson, who lived a fraught childhood and two failed marriages led her to change her name to that of one of her characters. Despite struggling with mental illness and heroin addiction for most of her life, she was still able to write fiction that was as powerful and memorable as any English female writer of the last 150 years.</p>
- Author(s)Anna Kavan
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.11Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.