All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are so many 20- and 30-something Christians disappearing from the church?They are told how much the church wants young people, yet there is growing suspicion among young believers about who is in and who is out of the scope of Christian orthodoxy. Through this suspicion, a rift between the generations has emerged. In the face of frustration, of being cut out because they don't seem to fit, young believers often take their gifts and leave the church.This book helps those who feel displaced by this generational collision to find a sense of place and welcome with a church that is still becoming all that God wants it to be. If you are a young person who wonders if there is a place in the church for someone like you, or if you want to kw if your own church can be the kind of body in which young people are welcome, A Seat at the Table will give you a new personal and kingdom perspective. Embrace the challenge to re-imagine your relationship with the church in light of this generational collision, t seeing it as an unredeemable rift, but as an opportunity to give and receive hospitality.
- Author BiographyShawna Songer Gaines, MDiv, serves as the university chaplain at Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, Tennessee. She has served as a co-pastor of Bakersfield Church of the Nazarene in Bakersfield, CA, as a youth pastor in Chicago, and as a communications consultant for Nazarene Missions International. She authored two other studies in the Breathe series, Created and Wilderness, and co-authored two books, A Seat at the Table and Kings and Presidents, with her husband, Tim. Shawna speaks and preaches at churches, conferences, camps, and retreats across the country, and blogs at shawnasongergaines.com. Timothy (M.Div., Nazarene Theological Seminary) is a doctoral fellow at the Stead Center for Ethics and Values at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary and teaches theology and ethics. His Ph.D. dissertation focuses on Trinitarian theology and Christian ethics.
- Author(s)Shawna Songer Gaines
- PublisherBeacon Hill Press of Kansas City
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon Hill Press of Kansas City
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.