Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionDrawn from 13 previous poetry collections, this selected compilation includes many poems from hard-to-find collections as well as new work from one of the most formally inventive and lyrically invative poets writing today. Whether examining the historically gendered gaze of artistic and cultural narratives and their impact upon the individual, the symmetries that interlink to figure our social and political horizons, or the destructive forces that both expose and explode our meaning of self, these poems offer the expansive pleasure of revelation in each finely distilled articulation. This collection offers readers a range of work from the poet's long writing career and includes an introduction by poet Norma Cole.
- Author BiographyLAURA MORIARTY has published eleven books of poetry, a short novel, Cunning (Sputyen Duyvil 2000), and a novel of science fiction, Ultravioleta (Atelos 2006). She has been a very active member of the Bay Area community for 25 years, has traveled extensively to do readings and workshops, has had her work translated into half a dozen languages, has taught at Mills College, Naropa University and Otis Art Institute, and has been a nonprofit literary organization director for 20 of those years. Her work in nonprofit literary organizations include her current position as the Deputy Director of Small Press Distribution, and her previous position as the Archives Director for the Poetry Center and American Poetry Archives at San Francisco State University from 1986 - 1997. She received a Poetry Center Book Award in 1984 for Persia (Chance Additions). She has also been awarded a Gerbode Foundation grant, a residency at the Foundation Royaumont in France and a New Langton Arts Award in Literature.
- Author(s)Laura Moriarty
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Weight378 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.