All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionReaching into the depths of the collective unconscious, A Sense of Apocalypse explores and re-interprets one of the West's primordial fears, namely that of the apocalyptic closure of both cultural praxis and individual experience. Yet, in contrast to popular contations of the term, apocalypse is viewed here in terms of a transitional narrative locating the subject at the intersection of techlogical determinism, pop-cultural imagination, postmodern urbanism and digital textuality. All these form the components of a new post-apocalyptic landscape, which t only produces a new identity informed by dissolving post-Enlightenment paradigms, but also conjures up hints at a large number of existential possibilities triggered by late-capitalist techlogies and their cultural consequences.
- Author BiographyMarcin Mazurek is an Assistant Professor at the Institute of English Cultures and Literatures at the University of Silesia (Poland). His research focuses on postmodern theory, culture-technology relationship and visual culture. He is the author of a number of articles in the above-mentioned fields.
- Author(s)Marcin Mazurek
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleLiterary & Cultural Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number40
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.