All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionIn A Seventeenth-Century Odyssey Gabor Karman reconstructs the life story of a lesser-kwn Hungarian orientalist, Jakab Harsanyi Nagy. The discussion of his activities as a school teacher in Transylvania, as a diplomat and interpreter at the Sublime Porte, as a secretary of a Moldavian voivode in exile, as well as a court councillor of Friedrich Wilhelm, the Great Elector of Brandenburg t only sheds light upon the extraordinarily versatile career of this individual, but also on the variety of circles in which he lived. Gabor Karman also gives the first historical analysis of Harsanyi's contribution to Turkish studies, the Colloquia Familiaria Turcico-latina (1672).
- Author BiographyGabor Karman, Ph. D. (2009), Eotvos Lorand University, is a research fellow at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of History (Budapest). He is also the author of a monograph on Transylvanian foreign policy after 1648 (in Hungarian).
- Author(s)Gabor Karman
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleThe History of Oriental Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight644 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.