All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike millions of others, Andrew Marr draws. He hasn't had lessons, yet since childhood, the journalist and TV presenter has been at his happiest with a pen or brush in his hand. One way or ather he draws most days, even if it's just a doodle on the edge of a newspaper. But why does he do it? Does it have a point? And in what way, if any, does this activity of his relate to what we think of as 'art'? In this intriguing new book, Andrew Marr explores the subject of drawing and painting through his own experience. He considers the mechanics of the drawing process - the act of making and its importance for a happy life - along with the ways in which good drawing or painting can make us think harder and see the world differently. He also investigates the tensions between drawing as concentrated work and drawing as an expression of freedom or play, and looks at the historical differences between drawing and fine art as well as how drawing fits into today's art world. Written in his signature fresh, engaging and evocative style and illustrated with his own work, A Short Book About Drawing is Andrew Marr's unique take on this absorbing subject.
- Author BiographyAndrew Marr was born in Glasgow in 1959. He studied English at Cambridge and has since enjoyed a hugely successful career in political journalism, working for the Scotsman, the Independent, the Daily Express and the Observer. From 2000 to 2005 he was the BBC's Political Editor. He has presented a range of programmes for television and radio, and most notably hosts The Andrew Marr Show on Sunday mornings on BBC1. He lives in London with his wife, political journalist, Jackie Ashley, and their three children.
- Author(s)Andrew Marr
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteOver 60 drawings and paintings
- Width160 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.