A Short Introduction to Counselling Psychology by Susan Van Scoyoc, Vanja Orlans (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.86Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovering key issues in the development of counselling psychology, this text is ideal for psychologists considering entering counselling psychology training or those who have already started on this path Stephen Palmer, Professor of Psychology, City University. This book provides a thorough yet accessible introduction to counselling psychology. Written in a highly engaging manner, this timely publication will undoubtedly provide an invaluable resource to all that read it Ewan Gillon, Senior Lecturer in Counselling Psychology, Glasgow Caledonian University A Short Introduction to Counselling Psychology brings together a wide range of information on the theory and practice of counselling psychology, written through the lens of direct practitioner experience and incorporating a global perspective. The authors offer views on cutting-edge issues in counselling psychology, discussing: - the social and historical context - philosophical considerations - the professional kwledge base - training requirements and paths, careers and practice - the tasks, challenges and debates that practitioners deal with in different settings. This accessible introduction is of special interest to students considering a career in counselling psychology, and to professionals involved in the training and supervision of counselling psychologists. As both an up-to-date review of professional developments in relation to the field of counselling psychology and also more broadly, senior practitioners should welcome this resource as a reference covering all aspects of the present professional setting.
- Author BiographyI have been in continuous practice since 1981. I run an active private practice from my London and Burnham locations. I provide therapy for clients, training for other psychologists, work within my professional division, and provide expert witness services for solicitors, county councils, tribunals, Crown Prosecution, and the courts. I have particular interests in women's issues, human rights, the use of psychometric tests, relationships within families and with children, post traumatic stress, and false claims (malingering). As a health psychologist, I have an interest and expertise in health matters including pain management, chronic health conditions, and well being.
- Author(s)Susan Van Scoyoc,Vanja Orlans
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleShort Introductions to the Therapy Professions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.