All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.57
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.21
- AU $12.48Trending at AU $16.16
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $33.84
About this product
- DescriptionHuman Trafficking terrifies her. Seeing it face-to-face forces her to act. In 2015, Crystal Moore encounters a slave in Dallas, Texas -- a slave held t by chains, but by threats her two girls held hostage in the jungles of Mexico will be killed if she escapes. To naive Crystal, it's clear. The children must be rescued first, or the mother will never escape. Crystal would like to forget it, but her conscience will t let her. Her parents died when she was seven. Nothing could be done. But something can be done here. She goes to Mexico and secures the help of mysterious Juan Grande. If she succeeds, mother and children will be free -- but Crystal will have two powerful and ruthless men, one in Texas and one in Mexico. who will want her dead. The suspense doesn't end when the girls are rescued. The young female protagonist Crystal must w try to stay alive, as two assassins track here down in rtheast Texas. And in the midst of this, the man who nearly destroyed her emotionally is coming back. Has Crystal gained the strength to fight back? A Silver Medallion is a gripping, action-packed adventure from talented author James Callan. Crystal Moore is a tough and savvy heroine ... New York Times Bestselling Author Bobbi Smith A Silver Medallion, the second title in the Crystal Moore Suspense series, reads like a gold-medal thriller from page one, when Crystal Moore and her grandmother take in a young Hispanic woman who escaped from a drug-dealing, modern-day Texas slaveholder. Crystal emerges as a compelling heroine with a big heart and bold personality, and her fierce independence allows Callan the creative freedom to take his character into the heart of Mexico to rescue two young girls she's never met. ... From BookLife Prize in Fiction, Critic's Report James Callan's A Silver Medallion is a fine blend of colorful characters, action, suspense, and serious. Crystal Moore and her grandmother, Eula, are a great team as they take on modern-day slavery and academic fraud in this nstop vel. Check it out! - Bill Crider, best-selling author of the Sheriff Dan Rhodes series Callan is a master at understanding human conflict and a person's raw emotions when they stand on the brink of losing everything. - Caleb Pirtle, Editorial Director, Gallivant Press. A Silver Medallion won the ETWG vel contest for mystery/thriller over entries from across the U.S. and several foreign countries.
- Author BiographyJames R. Callan took a degree in English, intent on writing. But when that did not support a family, he returned to graduate school in the field of mathematics. Upon graduation, he worked in a research center, and vice-president of a database company. He has received grants from the National Science Foundation, NASA, and the Data Processing Management Association. He has been listed in Who's Who in Computer Science, and Two Thousand Notable Americans. When his children were grown and self-supporting, he returned to his original love-writing. For two years, Callan wrote a monthly column for a national magazine. For six months, he wrote a weekly column that appeared in newspapers in four states. Callan has published eleven books: four non-fiction books, plus seven mystery/suspense novels. All have been published in print, seven were also published as e-books and five have been published in audio. One of his mystery/suspense books ranked as high as number seven in its category on Amazon. The audio version of another book rose as high as number six on the entire Books in Motion list. He has had shorter works published in five anthologies. In addition to writing books, Callan gives workshops on writing in Texas and Mexico. For fourteen year, Callan served as director of a respected writers' conference. He belongs to writers' groups in Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. He and his wife split their time between homes in east Texas and Puerto Vallarta. They have four children and six grandchildren.
- Author(s)James R Callan
- PublisherPennant Pub.
- Date of Publication22/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennant Pub.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.