Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionDana has done a great job at putting together basic, but necessary information for all exercisers, especially the beginner. In a world where we are losing personal responsibility, this book goes a long way to restore this very important human concept. Read this book and take personal responsibility for your well-being. - Juan Carlos Santana, MEd, CSCS A Simple Guide to Exercise Safety is a must read for t only the general public but for fitness professionals as well. Dana's ability to nail down such valuable content in while keeping it easy reading is ingenious. - Jeffrey A Segal, CSCS*D, NSCA-CPT*D, CPTS A Simple Guide to Exercise Safety is the book you didn't realize you needed...until w. Whether looking to hire a personal trainer, join a gym or work-out on your own, there are certain things everyone needs to be mindful of when making these and numerous other decisions in regard to your fitness and nutrition agenda. Have you ever considered asking: - What's the difference between certified and QUALIFIED fitness professionals and how to distinguish the difference between the two? - Whose nutritional advice are you taking (or buying) and are they educated eugh to dispense it? - What role does your family history play in your fitness program? - Do you have any contraindications to exercise (that you're aware of)? - To eat or t to eat before a workout? - What is an automated external defibrillator (AED) and what is it used for? Is there one in YOUR gym? Your residential community? - Why are warming up and cooling down extremely important? - If you are pregnant, are there certain conditions under which exercise is t advised? - What is a special population and are you in this category? Have any of these questions even crossed your mind? While exercise is capable of offering numerous benefits, believe it or t, there are hidden dangers that lurk beneath the surface that if left uncovered, could cause more harm than good. This book will help guide you toward making smart and educated decisions about your health and well-being. It comes equipped with: - Useful health factor tables - Injury prevention and procedures - Links that connect you to additional helpful information - Stories of unfortunate circumstances during exercise (the reason for the book) - Helpful resources - Examples of training done right - Philosophies designed to help inspire inner-peace and encourage personal responsibility - And much more A Simple Guide to Exercise Safety...What You Don't Kw CAN Hurt You.
- Author BiographyCreator of I Choose Awareness.com and author of the book A Simple Guide to Exercise Safety (What You Don't Know CAN Hurt You), Dana Gore completed the curriculum at Fitness Institute International, Inc. as an outstanding graduate in 2009. Dana aims to bring guidance to the public about how to achieve optimal health in a safe and structured manner. She believes that the body follows the guidance and instruction of the mind and spirit. She inspires her readers to seek inner-peace as a means to well-being in all areas of life.
- Author(s)Dana Gore
- PublisherI Choose Awareness
- Date of Publication19/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintI Choose Awareness
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.