Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionAs the worst storm of the century breaks across the North West, sweeping through Swdonia and across the Mersey to burst upon Liverpool, two women. Molly and Ellen, give birth to girls in a Liverpool maternity hospital. Despite their different backgrounds, they become firm friends. Molly lives on a hill farm in Swdonia while Ellen is married to Sam O'Mara, a dock worker who is quicker with a punch than a kiss. After one punch too many, Ellen throws her husband out, and eventually leaves Liverpool to live with Molly in Swdonia. Ellen and her daughter throw themselves into their new life with enthusiasm, unaware of the threat that is lurking in the Welsh mountains. And as ather horrendous storm breaks across the hills, the two women's lives are about to take a new turn, but this time they will face the danger together.
- Author BiographyKatie Flynn has lived for many years in the north-west. A compulsive writer, she started with short stories and articles and many of her early stories were broadcast on Radio Merseyside. She decided to write her Liverpool series after hearing the reminiscences of family members about life in the city in the early years of the twentieth century. She also writes as Judith Saxton. For the past few years, she has had to cope with ME but has continued to write.
- Author(s)Katie Flynn
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date09/01/2016
- Weight693 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.