All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- Description<i>a slice from the cake made of air </i>processes the physical and mental trauma of abortion coupled with the desires for sexual and emotional love against a backdrop of contemporary culture with all the sexualization that comes with race, gender, and landscape. From front to back the book is wound through with a single poem whose language is permuted, translated, and retranslated (from English to English) as it cycles around abortion, both asking what artifact / do I resemble and stating small love / small / you failed it / in person. The poems directly confront the sexual self ( This isn t a real orgasm, a real patellar fatigue ) and take up the thesis abstract as a malleable form for interrogating the inevitable intersections and overlaps of brains and bodies. Sexy and volatile, <i>a slice from the cake made of air </i>winds over and through itself, with conclusions or solutions for the mess of living in the world.
- Author BiographyLillian-Yvonne Bertram is a 2014 recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts Creative Writing Poetry Fellowship. Her first book, <i>But a Storm is Blowing From Paradise</i>, was selected by Claudia Rankine as the 2010 Benjamin Saltman Award winner and published by Red Hen Press in 2012. Her chapbook, <i>cutthroat glamours</i>, was published by Phantom Books in 2013. Her works have appeared in <i>Black Warrior Review</i>, <i> Callaloo</i>, <i> Cream City Review</i>, <i> Court Green</i>, <i> DIAGRAM</i>, <i> Gulf Coast</i>, <i> Harvard Review</i>, <i> Indiana Review</i>, <i> jubilat</i>, <i> Mid-American Review</i>, <i> Narrative Magazine</i>, <i> OH NO</i>, <i> Saltfront</i>, <i> Subtropics</i>, <i> Sou wester</i>, <i> Tupelo Quarterly</i>, and more. She holds a PhD in creative writing from the University of Utah.
- Author(s)Lillian-Yvonne Bertram
- PublisherRed Hen Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPasadena
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Hen Press
- Weight680 g
- Width175 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.