All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1968, Gary Mitchell enlisted in the army and was sent to Vietnam, where he caught the eye of his superiors, who found that he excelled at long-distance shooting-a discovery that set him on the path to a new identity as a sniper. During his time in Vietnam, American intelligence agents borrowed him from his Army unit and used him to carry out planned assassinations most likely as part of the covert Phoenix Program. But this is t just the story of a man at war; it's also about the war within the man, because the memories of his sniper missions followed him home-and nearly destroyed him.
- Author BiographyGary D. Mitchell served in Vietnam, earning a Bronze Star for Valor, two Purple Heart Medals, and the Combat Infantryman Badge, and participated in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.Michael Hirsh was a combat correspondent with the 25th Infantry Division at Cu Chi, Vietnam, in 1966, where he earned the CIB. In 2002 he was embedded with Air Force Combat Search and Rescue forces in Operation Enduring Freedom to write <b>None Braver: U.S. Air Force Pararescuemen in the War on Terrorism</b>. Hirsh is a George Foster Peabody Award and Writers Guild Award winner, as well as an Emmy winning documentary producer and investigative reporter. He lives in Florida.
- Author(s)Gary D. Mitchell,Michael Hirsh
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Out-of-print date03/11/2011
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.