Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Guardian children's book prize 2015 I'm the one who's left behind. I'm the one to tell the tale. I knew them both...knew how they lived and how they died. Claire is Ella Grey's best friend. She's there when the whirlwind arrives on the scene: catapulted into a North East landscape of gutted shipyards; of high arched bridges and ancient collapsed mines. She witnesses a love so dramatic it is as if her best friend has been captured and taken from her. But the loss of her friend to the arms of Orpheus is thing compared to the loss she feels when Ella is taken from the world. This is her story - as she bears witness to a love so complete; so sure, that t even death can prove final.
- Author BiographyDavid Almond is synonymous with quality children's writing; since Skellig was published fifteen years ago. Skellig has sold 1 million copies in the English language and was the book to launch him on a trajectory to extend his work into film, opera and theatre. He holds high acclaim on both sides of the Atlantic. David is the winner of the Hans Christian Andersen award, the Whitbread, the Newberry, and most recently the Guardian children's book award. He is rightly hailed as one of the most important writers for this generation of young people.
- PrizesWinner of Guardian Children's Fiction Prize 2015. Shortlisted for The Bookseller YA Book Prize 2015.
- Author(s)David Almond
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Out-of-print date09/07/2016
- Weight426 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.