All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.68Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn less than two decades the concept of supercon- In every field of science there are one or two ductivity has been transformed from a laboratory individuals whose dedication, combined with an innate curiosity to usable large-scale applications. In the understanding, permits them to be able to grasp, late 1960's the concept of filamentary stabilization condense, and explain to the rest of us what that released the usefulness of zero resistance into the field is all about. For the field of titanium alloy marketplace, and the ecomic forces that drive tech- superconductivity, such an individual is Ted Collings. logy soon focused on niobium-titanium alloys. They His background as a metallurgist has perhaps given him are ductile and thus fabricable into practical super- a distinct advantage in understanding superconduc- conducting wires that have the critical currents and tivity in titanium alloys because the optimization of fields necessary for large-scale devices. More than superconducting parameters in these alloys has been 90% of all present-day applications of superconductors almost exclusively metallurgical. Advantages in use titanium alloys. The drive to optimize these training and innate abilities twithstanding, it is alloys resulted in a flood of research that has been the author's dedication that is the essential com- collected, condensed, and analyzed in this volume.
- Author(s)E. W. Collings
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1345 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.