All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Mark never heard the Mauser shot for the bullet came ahead of the sound. There was only the massive shock in the upper part of his body, and then he was hurled backwards with a violence that drove the air from his lungs.' From the trenches of France, General Sean Courtney comes back to fame, fortune and a seat in the Government. Mark Anders, the courageous young South African whom he has come to regard as his own son, returns to thing, his grandfather murdered, and his property seized by an unkwn company. At the bottom of the mystery is Sean's son Dirk, the jealous, violent and power-crazed genius whose all-consuming hatred can only end in blood ...This is the thrilling third vel in the Courtneys sequence, continuing from When the Lion Feeds and The Sound of Thunder.
- Author BiographyWilbur Smith was born in Central Africa in 1933. He was educated at Michaelhouse and Rhodes University. He became a full-time writer in 1964 after the successful publication of When the Lion Feeds, and has since written over thirty novels, all meticulously researched on his numerous expeditions worldwide. His books are now translated into twenty-six languages.
- Author(s)Wilbur Smith
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Courtneys
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementUnabridged
- Interest Age16
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.