All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionEsther Williams is thirty and single. She lives with her grandmother in a small house and her life is one of routine and order; she always takes a seaside holiday each year and every Thursday she goes to the cinema alone. She does t kw if she is happy or unhappy with her life - it merely follows the same pattern that it has always done and she is content to let it do so until one day, one special Thursday night, she meets Raymond Banks.Spending time with Raymond becomes everything to Esther, suddenly her life is complete and she feels, for the first time ever, truly alive. Raymond alters her awareness of the world around her, he teaches her about love and she is soon very much in love with him. When she discovers something about Raymond that threatens to ruin their happiness Esther is horrified, but she loves him deeply and surely love can conquer all? A compassionate and beautifully observed vel about love in all of its guises A Spring of Love was first published in 1960 and is a gripping and unforgettable story of tension, lies and, ultimately, the price people pay for love.
- Author BiographyBorn to parents who were both on the stage (her father was the actor James Dale), Celia Dale's first novel, The Least of These, was published in 1943 and she went on to write ten others. She won the Crime Writer's Association Veuve Clicquot Short Story award for Lines of Communication and A Personal Call and other stories in 1986 and worked on the Daily Express and the Sunday Express. She also worked as a book reviewer and a publisher's advisor and many of her stories have been adapted for radio and television. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Celia Dale
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/07/2008
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight278 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.