All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a project-based handbook for the beginner on the different techniques involved in drawing. It includes 13 projects for you to try: using soft pencils to draw a vegetable basket; elephants on safari, drawn with erasers; beached boats, an exercise on cross-hatching; and using conte crayons to produce a baker's selection. It is a practical, easy-to-follow text with over 175 photographs clearly showing the development of each picture. Techniques covered include blending, line and wash, pastel pencils, charcoal and chalk, frottage and graphite sticks; with expert advice on choosing materials, such as pencils, charcoal, and pen and ink; plus paper and accessories. Building on these simple projects will give you confidence to create your own compositions with ease. This is the perfect introduction to drawing for anyone who enjoys creative crafts, whether for personal pleasure or professional reasons. Start by using soft pencils - a drawing tool you're already familiar with from writing. Then move on to drawing with conte crayons, charcoal, and graphite sticks, trying a variety of media to find the one that suits you the best. Learn to work with white to give a drawing light and air, and how to build up tone using a variety of drawing implements. Each part of the book gives detailed accounts of the types of paper and the implements you will require to create the projects. A project is suggested for each tool you learn to use so you can practise your new skill while creating accomplished drawings of elephants on safari, ballet pumps and a wild flower field. In time at all, you will be producing attractive works of art.
- Author BiographyAngela Gair studied Fine Art in England and then spent several years painting and teaching in Italy, Spain and France. Angela is a writer and editor as well as a painter, and she has written a number of practical books on drawing and painting.
- Author(s)Angela Gair
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 175 photographs
- Weight449 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.