All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fast-paced and vivid narrative of the most horrific campaign in history: the four-year slaughter around the Belgian town of Ypres 1914-18. Switching seamlessly between the generals' headquarters, the politicians' councils and -- above all -- the mud and blood of the trenches, this is a wonderfully accessible history. Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler both fought in the frontline at Ypres: Groom reveals what happened to both men. We see the campaign through their eyes and the experience of other officers and men, including the war poet Edmund Blunden (later professor of poetry at Oxford). From the desperate defence put up by the tiny British regular army in 1914 to the infamous Passchendaele offensive, this is popular history at its best.
- Author BiographyWinston Groom served in Vietnam with the 4th Infantry Division. He is the author of the prize-winning history of the US Civil War SHROUDS OF GLORY. His Vietnam book CONVERSATIONS WITH THE ENEMY was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. His best-selling novels include THE CRIMSON TIDE.
- Author(s)Winston Groom
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCassell Military Paperbacks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld Military
- Content Note5 Maps
- Weight250 g
- Width199 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.