Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pascit_inc
- Est. delivery by 1 Nov
- AU $14.33Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE BOOK BEHIND THE THIRD SEASON OF GAME OF THRONES, AN ORIGINAL SERIES NOW ON HBO.Here is the third volume in George R. R. Martin's magnificent cycle of vels that includes A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings. As a whole, this series comprises a genuine masterpiece of modern fantasy, bringing together the best the genre has to offer. Magic, mystery, intrigue, romance, and adventure fill these pages and transport us to a world unlike any we have ever experienced. Already hailed as a classic, George R. R. Martin's stunning series is destined to stand as one of the great achievements of imaginative fiction. A STORM OF SWORDS Of the five contenders for power, one is dead, ather in disfavor, and still the wars rage as violently as ever, as alliances are made and broken. Joffrey, of House Lannister, sits on the Iron Throne, the uneasy ruler of the land of the Seven Kingdoms. His most bitter rival, Lord Stannis, stands defeated and disgraced, the victim of the jealous sorceress who holds him in her evil thrall. But young Robb, of House Stark, still rules the North from the fortress of Riverrun. Robb plots against his despised Lannister enemies, even as they hold his sister hostage at King's Landing, the seat of the Iron Throne. Meanwhile, making her way across a blood-drenched continent is the exiled queen, Daenerys, mistress of the only three dragons still left in the world. . . . But as opposing forces maneuver for the final titanic showdown, an army of barbaric wildlings arrives from the outermost line of civilization. In their vanguard is a horde of mythical Others--a supernatural army of the living dead whose animated corpses are unstoppable. As the future of the land hangs in the balance, one will rest until the Seven Kingdoms have exploded in a veritable storm of swords. . . .
- Author BiographyGeorge R. R. Martin is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many novels, including the acclaimed series A Song of Ice and Fire--A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons--as well as Tuf Voyaging, Fevre Dream, The Armageddon Rag, Dying of the Light, Windhaven (with Lisa Tuttle), and Dreamsongs Volumes I and II. He is also the creator of The Lands of Ice and Fire, a collection of maps from A Song of Ice and Fire featuring original artwork from illustrator and cartographer Jonathan Roberts, and The World of Ice & Fire (with Elio M. Garcia, Jr., and Linda Antonsson). As a writer-producer, Martin has worked on The Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and pilots that were never made. He lives with the lovely Parris in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Author(s)George R. R. Martin
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- ImprintBantam Books Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width106 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine43 mm
Most relevant reviews
- kanedavidwright11 Nov, 2012by
Amazing read that goes beyond run of the mill fantasy
Although I am not a fan of fantasy fiction, I found this book to be an outstanding read that continues a gripping and emotionally invested series. Most importantly, I found that Martin's books defy the traditional fantasy genre by eschewing 'warlocks and magic' cliches in favour of detailed and complex plots involving venomous, politically motivated characters. Despite the painful title, a Storm of Swords is a brilliant and absorbing read that feels more like a historical novel than a sword and sandals fantasy potboiler. Excellent.
- tuscer0223 Nov, 2012by
Great book and can't wait for the next one.
I bought this because I have read the first couple and wanted to keep going in the story. This is just as good as the first ones. The story moves slowly forward as the characters go through more exciting adventures.
- deadsea_austral...24 Oct, 2011by
i but it for my son and he love the book that is the secound one he is reading and i belive i will order more soon. i dont know so much about it but i understand it is a great book ....you should try it too highly recomended from my son.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.35Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10